List of food to be avoided which are processed, high in calories or high in sugar, do not form the best weight loss diet chart. Not only they lead to weight gain but also diseases like diabetes, heart diseases, and obesity.
It is highly advisable to minimize the consumption of these foods or to avoid them altogether. Here is the list of foods to be avoided while you are on the Indian diet plan for weight loss.
List of Foods to be Avoided
- Beverages like soda or sports drinks
- Sweeteners like sugar or condensed milk
- Foods that have high sugar such as candy, ice cream, cakes, cookies, rice pudding, high sugar cereals, etc.
- Foods that have high fats such as French fries, chips, fried foods, etc.
- Trans fats like Vanaspati, margarine, processed foods
- Refined grains like white bread, white pasta
- Refined oils such as canola oil, soybean oil, grapeseed oil, etc.
- Used of Indian food is always good that uses many items in moderation
- The Indian diet in itself comprises of many nutritious foods like whole grains, fresh vegetables, healthy fats, low-fat dairy, and fruits.
- The Indian food also uses a variety of spices in the food that are not only nutritious but also medicinal. One such example is turmeric which helps in treating various illnesses such as heartburn, diarrhea, gas, bloating, stomach ache, etc.
- An Indian diet also has 70% of vegetables in it, which is a very important part of the diet.
- Indian foods also have a variety of flavors and meals which will help you from not getting bored of dietary food.