Yoga was refined and developed by the Rishis and Brahmans. Yoga was mentioned in the Indian collection of Vedic Sanskrit, the Rigveda, and now is practiced as a Yoga. By doing yoga we can lose weight.
The basic disciplines of Yoga are as follows :
Is Yoga good for Weight Loss ?
Yes, Because many people believe that Yoga alone does not promote weight loss. Yoga, when combined with healthy eating. Losing weight has two important aspects, healthy eating, and exercise.
Yoga is not just about a few poses that strengthen you. It had more benefits such as :
- Stress management
- Increased flexibility
- Balanced metabolism
- Increased muscle tone
- Weight reduction
- Improved cardio health
- Improved energy level
Most times, stress is the main cause of weight gain. Yoga can help you cope with stress. Physical benefits of Yoga, combined with stress management, helps a person to lose weight and maintain good physical and mental health.
Asanas for Weight Loss
It does not always result in weight loss immediately as these poses are simple. Once your body gets used to these asanas, you will begin to practice Yoga asanas for weight loss.
Some of the yoga poses you will find below :
1. Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskara)
It is a warm up for your muscles and get blood flowing. Surya Namaskar is a whole package of good health and the best way to lose weight.
Benefits of Sun Salutation :
- It stretches and tones major muscles, trim waist, tones the arm
- Improves digestive system
- Balanced metabolism
2. Plank pose (Chaturangadandasana)
Plank Pose is not only great for strengthening your core but also your shoulders and wrists, too.
Benefits of Plank pose :
- Strengthens the abdominal muscles, shoulders, and wrists
- Improves balance and posture
- Relieves back pain
3. Chair Pose (Utkatasana)
Sitting without a chair is more difficult that you may think. Basically it gives you a full body workout in one exercise.
Benefits of Chair Pose :
- Stretches the chest and shoulders
- Strengthens the hips, thighs, glutes, calves, and spine
- Increases abdominal strength
- Reduces flat feet
4. Downward Dog Crunch (Adho Mukha Svanasana)
A great way to kick this posture up, by adding in crunches to increase abdominal strength.
Benefits of Downward Dog Crunch
- Strengthen your arms, thighs, hamstring, and back
- Improves concentration and blood circulation
5. Triangle pose (Trikonasana)
It is something that will take some time, the more you practice the quicker you’ll be able to successfully create a triangle with your body.
Benefits of Triangle pose :
- Improves blood circulation in the entire body
- Burn fat from belly and waist
- Improves balance and concentration
6. Shoulder stand (Sarvangasana)
We need to start somewhere, I know that in your mind that voice has arrived that I can’t do this, I would just recommend thus shut that noise and let’s do it.
Benefits of Shoulder stand :
- Increased your strength to improve digestion
- Boost metabolism and balanced thyroid levels
- Strengthen the upper body muscles, abdominal muscles, and legs
- Improves sleep.
7. Bridge pose (Sethu Bandha Sarvangasana)
Another looking hard, just say no to that noise and lets do it
Benefits of Bridge pose :
- It helps for glutes, thyroid as well as weight loss
- Regulates the hormones
- Strengthen your muscles and reduce back pain
8. Twisted Chair pose (Parivrtta Utkatasana)
Similar to chair pose. It’s definitely therapeutic for the spine and lower back but at the same time, a killer for your legs. It is also called as yoga version of squat.
Benefits of Twisted Chair pose :
- It helps to reduce weight
- Good for abdominal muscles
- Improves digestive system, balance, and posture
9. Bow pose (Dhanurasana)
Are you looking for the best way to lose that belly fat? Bow pose helps massage the body
Benefits of Bow pose :
- Stretches the whole body
- Improves blood circulation
- Strengthen your tones and muscles
Yoga not only aids in weight loss but also promotes a balanced physical and mental well being, the people who want to relax and want to stay stress free do practice Yoga.